FREE SHIPPING on orders $129+
HUDEF, established in 2017, is the first manufacturer to research and develop advanced pickleball paddles focusing on the spin technology of the paddle’s surface.
In 2018, the HUDEF R&D team, comprised of scientists from various disciplines, successfully developed a special HUDEF multi-layer vinyl surface based on the rotating object principle of a ping-pong ball off a paddle. This technology considers tension, elasticity and the sound principle of hitting a pickleball to develop paddles that are lighter, provide more control and make contact with the ball with more power.
In 2021, after continuous development and research, the HUDEF R&D team successfully developed a new carbon fiber material and a new surface treatment process that can improve the ball’s rotation effect. After three months of market research, HUDEF’s new paddles, beginning with the HD4, have helped players fully develop their spins and have even helped many of them win national pickleball tournaments.
The first paddle to incorporate the new spin technology is the HD4. HUDEF understands that the key factors determining the ball’s rotation are the player's rotation technique and the texture characteristics of the paddle’s surface. Our team employed scientific principles from physics, kinesiology and object dynamics to design a surface area that would optimize spin.
Super rotating surface designed with combined understanding of physics and human kinesiology
While the HD4 is based on USA Pickleball standards, its creation is derived from the scientific understandings of what makes a great ping-pong paddle, racquetball racket and beach tennis racket surface. The pickleball paddle surface texture on the HD4 and newer HUDEF paddles optimizes the science to provide players with maximum ball spin on every shot, also known as super rotating function. (The paddles are specifically designed to generate maximum spin，its surface is pushed to the limits and delivers the maximum grit USA Pickleball rules allow.)
Structure designed for increasing spin
● 1996 – Stan Sunil joins a large manufacturing factory developing new rackets for tennis, table tennis, badminton and padel racket, Beach tennis, Platform Tennis etc.
● 2015 – Stan Sunil establishes a technical team to develop pickleball paddles.
● 2016 – The team collects various racket materials for continuous testing and improvement.
● 2017 – The team successfully develops HUDEF's special multi-layered vinyl material. This surface material improves the player’s spin when applied to the paddle’s surface.
● 2018 – HUDEF begins mass promotion of its vinyl rackets.
● 2019 – Singles pro Frank Anthony Davis joins HUDEF and wins bronze in the National Champions Open as well as gold, silver and bronze in other major tournaments
● 2020 – Developed the pro peel ply carbon fiber paddle and marketed in 2021 successfully.
● 2021 – Developed the new revolutionary frame paddle and marketed in July, 2022.
● 2022 – Through-Rod Engineering is a new technology used in the HD6.8. Which use a Kevlar face, the HD 6.8 was first marketed in Jan, 2023.